Sunday 13 July 2014

An Aussie in Anaheim (aka: A Trip Down Memory Lane)

I've been trying to get a lot of stuff done around my apartment these holidays in preparation for my hopeful acceptance to the Disney International Program.  I've been going through cupboards, throwing out all sorts of things, selling my worldly possessions on gumtree and facebook selling groups (well not all my worldly possessions, but quite a bit) and finding all sorts of things I'd forgotten about.  yesterday I was going through one of my bookshelves (quite the task given the fact it has been my personal goal since 1992 when I saw Beauty in the Beast to get myself that library!) and I came across all my old photo albums.  Amongst these was the album of my first trip to America when I was 16 including photos from my first trip to Disneyland!  So I thought it would be fun to scan them into my computer (because back in the olden days we used film cameras) and take you all on a trip down memory lane :)

The Entrance and Main Street train station.  I took this photo through the gates because we got there early for rope drop

This sign was such a special moment for me.  I remember getting chills as I walked under this bridge and read this.  I sort of felt it in my soul...you know?

Main Street USA!  And you can just make out Sleeping Beauty Castle in the distance too!

Aw, there she is!  I may have teared up a little bit - the moment I'd been waiting for, for so long!

Me and Winnie the Pooh!  The first Character I met at Disneyland.  Note the date on the little calendar - I'm going to come back to that later.

The first of the three rides I was desperate to experience - The teacups!  The second was The Haunted Mansion and the third was Space Mountain (which was closed).  Sadly I still haven't had the chance to experience Space mountain :( but hopefully that will change soon!

Just chillin' with Goofy in Toontown.  Man I was such a dork!  Check out that classy green-corduroy-jacket-tied-round-the-waist look I've got going on there.  What was I thinking???

Mickey's mailbox!  I love the character houses - so adorable and brilliant themeing (as always)

Now remember how I said the date on the Winnie the Pooh picture was important?  When I looked at that picture yesterday I started to think about dates and how long ago that first trip was.  My first time in a Disney Park was on January 11th, 2000.  If I get accepted into the Disney International Program, I will be starting sometime in early January 2015 - almost 15 years exactly since my first time at Disney!  I might even end up with something significant on my anniversary like Traditions or my first day of training or the first time I get to ride Space Mountain.  I love little things like that, sentimental fool that I am :)

I hope you enjoyed my trip down Memory Lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment