Monday 14 July 2014

Distracti-Baking Walt Disney World Style!

So as I continue the long and seemingly never-ending wait to hear something from Disney, I am trying to find productive ways to distract myself.  So far I've done well with chores and errands and trying to sell my worldly possessions (aka: the horrifying massive amount of junk I've accumulated over the years!) on Gumtree and Facebook.  But last night I decided to do something not terribly productive, but more than definitely worth it: Distracti-Baking!

I figured that since Disney is the reason I need to keep distracted, I would let it inspire my cooking choice (that and the fact that I didn't have butter or eggs and I needed a recipe that didn't require either of those things!).  So I decided to go with my favourite Disney Parks snack: Churros!

If you don't know what Churros are, they're a bit like a Mexican version of cinnamon donuts, only about a bazillion times better!  This is what they look like:



Are you drooling yet?  It's ok, I won't judge.

Anyway, here is my little attempt, which wasn't as disastrous as I was anticipating.  (I'm clumsy at the best of times and I actually chose to work with hot oil?  Yeah ok.....)

Not too shabby huh?  Although I honestly believe anything tastes good when covered in cinnamon sugar!

You can find the recipe I used HERE if you would like to make them yourself. I would recommend using a little less oil and sugar in the dough because they were a little bit chewy and burnt easily, but overall it's a good place to start!

And just for fun I am going to leave you with some fun Disney churro pics I found on the interwebs.






No comments:

Post a Comment