Saturday 6 September 2014

What's in My Bag?

Today while I was making lunch my phone pinged.  When I had a look at what it was, I had a notification from my countdown app...

Squeeee!  The excitement and nerves are definitely building!  I've been thinking about my answers to possible questions and double checking all of the details for Tuesday's adventure to Melbourne for the interview and presentation.

One of the things I've been doing to get ready is working out exactly what I'm going to take with me.  I'm only flying to Melbourne for the day so I won't need any checked luggage, but I want to be sure I have all of the essentials in my bag.  Here's a picture of my supplies...

Now there are a couple of things missing from this photo, but I'll go through everything I'm taking:

1. Handbag
Obviously I'm going to need something to put everything in.  I got this bag 25% off at Strandbags because I thought is was a nice-sized, professional looking accessory.  It also has lot of compartments so hopefully things won't get lost in there!

2. Important Documents Folder
The only thing you're required to take to the presentation/interview is photo ID, but I prefer to err on the side of obsessive, over-prepared caution.  In my lovely pink folder I have a printout of my flight itinerary, copies of my CV and Cover letter, a photocopy of my passport, my Proof of Student Status form and a photocopy, and a printout of the confirmation of my presentation and interview times and locations.  I'm also planning to print out a typed copy of some questions I want to ask so I can make sure I get answers for them on the day.   Once I've checked in online for my flights, I'll print out the e-tickets and put them in there too.

3. Notebook and Pens
Just in case I need to take any notes or write down important dates, I've got a small notebook and 2 relatively new pens (just to be on the safe side).

4. Water Bottle
Hydration is important people.  Plus it means I won't have to waste money on buying bottled water.

5. Sunglasses
Very important because I'll be on the move in the sunshine and I want to be able to see properly!  And I'm sunsmart.

6. Passport
Even though I'm only travelling domestically, I thought it would be a good idea to take my passport with me in case they want to see it.  By the way, how cute is my little green passport case?

7. Camera
I've recently bought a new camera and I thought it would be fun to vlog some of the experience and maybe even get a few happy snaps.  Plus, I'm catching up with some family for dinner before flying home so I'll want to get some pics then as well!

8. Tissues
So, so, so important!  These little guys are so versatile - running noses, a surprise sneeze, a particularly poignant moment in the presentation makes me tear up, I get bored waiting for my interview slot and decide to make origami boats...

Plus, how cute is the little packet with owls on it?

9. My Survival Kit
This is the green thing that looks a bit like a pencil case.  That little pvc bag is what I call my 'Survival Kit' and I always make sure to chuck it in whichever bag I'm taking with me (unless it's like a tiny little evening bag and then my over-preparedness must suffer for the sake of fashion).  It's a bit like my own version of Mary Poppins' carpet bag because I had managed to cram so much stuff inside it like: paracetamol and ibuprofen tablets, hand cream, deodorant, sunscreen, lip balm, a hair brush, band aids and a few other bits and pieces.  Very, very handy.

10. Makeup
Since I'm going to be out from about 4am until around 9pm on Tuesday, I figured it's best to have some makeup in case I need to touch up a little bit.  In my colourful little pouch I have lipstick, lip liner and lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara as well as a small compact set that has blush and eye-shadow as well as a mirror.

11. Extra Items
There are a few things I haven't photographed but will definitely be taking:

  • Purse with photo ID/Driver's License and some money for food and anything else.
  • Phone & Charger
  • A couple of snacks like museli bars in case I get peckish
  • Possibly a small foldable umbrella
  • My Keys (so I can drive to the airport!)

So that's my interview bag!  Hopefully it doesn't get too heavy, I think the water bottle is the only thing that will really weigh it down so hopefully it's not too bad.  I probably won't get a chance to blog again before Tuesday, but I'll make sure to write an update afterwards!

Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment